Organised by digitalswitzerland in collaboration with SICTIC and Innosuisse as presenting partner, and supported by Amazon Web Services, Canton of Vaud and Swisscom, the Startup Battle will honour the best Swiss startups as part of the Swiss Digital Day 2021,
All startups are invited to apply to pitch before the 13th of August, 2021! (extended deadline!)
Fifteen startups will be selected to present their innovative products or services at one of the five Semi-Finals between 06.10. – 03.11.2021. One startup per Semi-Final (five in total) will be selected by a jury to compete in the final Startup Battle during Swiss Digital Day 2021 taking place on 10.11.2021, when one winner will be chosen to receive the competition prizes.
Startup Battle 2021 Prizes:
- CHF 10’000.- in cash
- CHF 25’000.- in AWS Credits
Click here to watch the 2020 edition of the Startup Battle.
Startup Battle 2021 Application Criteria
Startups from Switzerland who meet the following criteria are invited to apply:
- Innovative value-added commercially viable solution to a real problem.
- The product/service must incorporate a robust component that allows the business to scale up quickly and has the potential for fast growth.
- The startup is not older than 5 years (i.e. incorporated in 2016 or later).
- Have at least one paying customer.
- Optional: Your startup contributes to one of the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Important Information & Mandatory Documents
The application must be submitted by founders only. Only startup applications directly from founders will be accepted (and none from fundraisers).
All innovations are welcome: technologies, social impact initiatives, processes, governance model, new methods, etc.
In case any of the two mandatory documents (Factsheet or Pitch Deck) are missing from your submission, your application will be rejected automatically.
If you are not sure whether you fulfil the application criteria or you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to email@example.com.
Startups that complete the factsheet accurately have a higher chance to be selected to present, as the jury can make a fair judgment.
Download here the Startup Factsheet before filling in the application below.
Mandatory Pitch Deck
The purpose of your pitch deck is to stimulate interest, rather than explaining every aspect of your project. You can reference from the factsheet to the pitch deck.
We strongly recommend covering the core pitch deck topics in 10-15 slides, similar to Guy Kawasaki’s “Only 10 Slides You Need in Your Pitch”
Optional Video Pitch
We strongly recommend you to submit a Video Pitch (60 – 90 sec) delivered by the founders in English (no slides) for higher visibility and better chances of being selected to pitch.
Your video must answer the following questions:
1) Who are the founders?
2) Which actual value do you provide to the customer?
3) Who are your customers and where are they based geographically?
4) Why do you have a scalable business, and how large is your addressable target market?
5) What sets you apart from the competition?
You can also upload a business plan, or any three additional documents that you would like to share with the Startup Battle Jury.