SICTIC actively connects potential fast-growth startups with our over 420 business angel members in Switzerland. All SICTIC services for startups are free of charge.
To get into the SICTIC process, you must submit a SICTIC Funding Application. All applications submitted to SICTIC are pre-screened by us, and we might ask you to send us additional details if something is missing. Only companies who have submitted an application are added to our deal platform, which is the main tool and database for the SICTIC Investor Community.
Once your submission is approved, all our 420+ Business Angels and Professional Co-Investors can access your information. Startup submissions are regularly screened by a group of SICTIC Investors.
How pitching for funding at a SICTIC Investor Day works:
– For each SICTIC Investor Day, a jury will select the eight most promising startups to pitch to our investor audience.
– Your application will be considered for events scheduled up to 6 months from your submission date, after which will stay visible to SICTIC Investors but removed from the event pitch applications pipeline.
– If your project is selected for an event, we will send you additional information at the email address you provide in the application form, approximately two weeks before the event for which you got selected to pitch.
– If your project is not selected to pitch within six months and you would like to be reconsidered for future events, please resubmit your updated factsheet and documents and mark your application as a resubmission.
What is important to include in the SICTIC Funding Application:
Mandatory SICTIC Factsheet
To get exposure to our investors, there’s no need for a lengthy business plan. All you need to do is to fill in our SICTIC Startup Factsheet and submit it together with your pitch deck.
Download here the SICTIC Startup Factsheet before filling in the application below.
Mandatory Pitch Deck
The purpose of your pitch deck is to stimulate interest, rather than explaining every aspect of your project. You can reference from the SICTIC factsheet to the pitch deck.
We strongly recommend covering the core pitch deck topics in 10-15 slides, similar to Guy Kawasaki’s “Only 10 Slides You Need in Your Pitch”
Optional Video Pitch
We strongly recommend you to submit a Video Pitch (60 – 90 sec) delivered by the founders in English (no slides) for higher visibility and better chances of being selected to pitch.
Your video must answer the following questions:
1) Who are the founders?
2) Which actual value do you provide to the customer?
3) Who are your customers and where are they based geographically?
4) Why do you have a scalable business, and how large is your addressable target market?
5) What sets you apart from the competition?
You can also upload a business plan, or any three additional documents that you would like to share with our Investors and the SICTIC Jury.
Startups are selected to pitch based on the information submitted during the application, and it is also used later on during matchmaking and due diligence process. Make sure all info is correct, relevant, and easy to understand. Make sure to fill in all fields and upload the mandatory documents. SICTIC may use aggregated data for its research purposes, but will never breach confidentiality and share identifiable startup information outside our community. If you want to know more, please check the SICTIC Code of Conduct.
We strongly recommend that you have the SICTIC Startup Factsheet completed and your pitch deck saved in .PDF format before starting to fill in the form below, as you will not be allowed to submit without uploading them.
Ready to submit? Start by answering the SICTIC Investment Criteria questions below.
Jun 2022 14
Sep 2022 06The SICTIC Investor Day is a matchmaking event where eight tech startups pitch for funding in front of experienced investors and supporters. The event language…
Oct 2022 13The SICTIC Investor Day is a matchmaking event where tech startups pitch for funding in front of experienced investors and supporters. The event language is…